Monday, June 23, 2008

Just Like Daddy

Saturday afternoon Jason mowed the backyard while we played. This is the first time I let the boys be outside while he was using the lawn mower. He convinced me it would be fine, and this precious moment is what we witnessed.


Mowing the Grass with Daddy from jason.mccay on Vimeo.

He made every step Jason made and earned a popsicle as his reward. I hope he is this excited about mowing the yard, in say 10 years, when it is his Saturday morning chore.

A popsicle after mowing the grass

7 comments:

Jenny G said...

That is adorable! Did Jason get a popsicle too???

Matt said...

Awesome...makes me want a boy! Well at least he will be able to earn some money cutting uncles matts lawn, since you know the girls will not want to get "dirty."

Melissa said...

That is priceless. It makes me realize the big responsibility we have as parents because our kids are following in our footsteps. Makes you really stop and think.... I hope Jason got a popsicle too!

momx2 said...

AWH.
That is too sweet. He even worked up a sweat!

Hmm, these boys are gonna come in real handy.

Peter said...

Too cute!

If I remember correctly, my own initial enthusiasm for lawn mowing didn't last too long...

Sara said...

That is so cute!! It makes me look forward to Isaac getting that age. He is already fascinated with Ben as it is. :)

Gillispie Blog said...

OMG! That is priceless!