Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer Time Water Fun

So, I know it is not officially summer, but the hot, hot weather has arrived here in Alabama and the boys and I are celebrating by keeping cool in the water.

We headed to Oak Mountain State Park one day this week to play on the beach. I really didn't expect the boys to spend too much time in the water, but rather play in the sand on shore. Boy, was I wrong. I guess the calm waters of the lake (and the encouragement of watching the 'big' kids) are much more inviting than the crashing ocean waves. In any case this resulted in me heading fully clothed into the lake. But good news, I did learn that Walker does know how to tread water.






Later in the week we hosted a water play day in our own backyard. We blew up a few pools and invited a crowd over. Walker had an absolute blast. He loves to have other kids to play with. Eli had fun also and was ready for his nap by the time all the fun had been had. I loved the time to chat with my mommy friends and am looking forward to the next one.




Not long into the party the shade was the place to be.


Eli solving the world's problems with his buddy.


By the time things were drawing to a close most of the kids ended up in this one tiny little pool. We don't know why, but it was pretty funny.

All the photos are courtesy of my friend Jenny who has here own photography business and is kind enough to take pictures of all the kids when she is around. She should take all your kids pictures, too. A Moment Like This Photography.

1 comment:

BlessedMom said...

I love how our babies always end up side-by-side!! They're such cuties.

Thanks for hosting the water day...I was very impressed with your ability to see past the mud in your kitchen! ;)