Sunday, April 10, 2011

To the Races

Barber Motorsports Race
On Saturday (courtesy of a well connected friend) we were off to the races at Barber Motorsports. This was a first for Jason and I, as well as the boys.

There was, well, racing. {this little cute one was my favorite}
Barber Motorsports Race

It is the perfect set up for kids.  We sat in a great spot to watch the cars zoom by. We were in the shade and had lots of run around room for the boys.  There was a even a mud puddle to throw sticks into, win.

There were friends.
Barber Motorsports Race

Even a dash of pink.
Barber Motorsports Race

And hydration, what with all the running around.
Barber Motorsports Race














{I do not believe I was given enough credit for dressing all the boys in racing themed Lightening McQueen gear. Thank you.}

Barber Motorsports Race

The boys had a blast.  We would love to take them back.  You can pack a lunch and spend a day outside with the kids, while watching a major event go on before your eyes.

And about .06 seconds out of the parking lot.  I'd say they had fun.
Post-race watching exhaustion. X3

I wish we had a picture of the street sweeper cleaning the track in between the races.  That was generally received as the most exciting part by the littlest observers.

Oh well, zoom.
Barber Motorsports Race

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Fun! I haven't been to Barber in years. Also - I have 2 out of 3 of the exact car seats that you have. Odd...

Anonymous said...

Todd suggested we go to that .. said it would be fun for all of us. Glad you had a great day!