Monday, July 11, 2011

A Cool Day at the Theme Park

I don't think I have ever been to a theme park not in the sweltering southern heat and humidity.  I've also never had a major theme park 10 minutes from the house.  Well, that was before Saturday.  I highly recommend both.

We headed out to California's Great America. It is a theme park with a water park inside.  It was too cold (in July, Ha!) to do the water park, so we stuck to the (mostly) dry areas.

How our day began, with a ride on a double decker carousel.

I don't know why Colin was so upset on the carousel.  He loved it just a few weeks ago, but this time he would not let go of me.

They have a whole kid-themed area with rides for the kids.

The only trauma was when we encountered a ride that Walker and Eli could ride, but Colin could not.  He doesn't exactly understand that he is smaller than them. But there was always something around the corner to take his mind off of the, I'm-still-a-toddler-not-a-big-boy woes.

There was riding.
Great America

Great America

And driving.
Great America

And watching.
Great America

Great America

And bravery (by one, in particular) on the "big" ride.
Great America

And almost napping (but never giving in).
Great America

And promises to come back another day, because that is the beauty of the park being only 10 minutes away.

No comments: