Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Grey Days

Beach Day 7.22.2011

The Lord is walking me through letting go of so much of this world.  Leading me to praise on the grey days.  To let go of the complaining, grumpiness, and my circumstances having control of me.

When we have driven an hour to the beach and find a dreary grey cold beach.

When the kids are whiney and less than cooperative.

When people say things, meant in love, that come out cold.

When bills come that are tangible reminders of that horrible night.

When I stay up too late and sleep still escapes.

I will count it all joy that the Lord is teaching me so much about finding my rest, restoration and peace in him.  That he will use the blessings of the beach, the children, the husband, to comfort me; but when they fail I will always have him to run to.  I will not find my comfort in the blessings, but in The Giver, who promises oh so much more.

Beach Day 7.22.2011

When the fog rolls in, I will know it is from the Lord.  He is no less deserving of my worship than on the sunny clear days.  I will not project my value in this world on the Lord.  I will thank him for all he has let pass through his hands for me.  For he is drawing me in, and oh how I love him.

**Today is much more a sunny yellow day, but it took me a few days to muster the courage to click publish.  It is easy for me to share the sunshine, but hard to share the sadness.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your posts are so encouraging. Thanks for being open and real. Praying for you and your sweet family.

Mrs. Butler said...

Love you and miss you! I appreciate you sharing your gray days AND your sunny days. :) This makes me think of the Dr. Seuss book, "My Many Colored Days"

BlessedMom said...

Beautiful post, Katy! I absolutely love keeping up with your lovely family.