Friday, May 9, 2008

Back to the Petting Zoo

After the first trip was such a success we went back with another group of friends for another morning of animal fun. This time I took Eli out of the stroller and let him chase and touch the animals. Both boys had a blast. The highlight for me was when they both sat down with two lambs and the momma sheep in the shade. I think we will try to go early next year and get some Easter pictures.

A Visit to the Petting Zoo, 2.0

A Visit to the Petting Zoo, 2.0

A Visit to the Petting Zoo, 2.0

A Visit to the Petting Zoo, 2.0

First the baby goat tried to eat the buttons off of Eli's outfit.
A Visit to the Petting Zoo, 2.0

Then the momma goat did the same.
A Visit to the Petting Zoo, 2.0

They took out the dispenser for the food you can feed the animals, but Walker made do with some grass.
A Visit to the Petting Zoo, 2.0

The baby donkey did pretty well, considering when he woke up from his nap he had a toddler on both sides (I promise he was laying down for nap, they did not knock him over).
A Visit to the Petting Zoo, 2.0


I know two folks in particular that will enjoy this picture and story. Walker spent a good 20 minutes chasing the peacock around all over. It was adorable. It brought back great memories for me as well. When my brother and I were little we would go with my Grandparents Brown to visit Grandfather's big garden (on someone else's farm) we would chase the farmer's peacock. We never even got close. Walker did get pretty close to this one, but did not come away with any feathers (thank goodness).
A Visit to the Petting Zoo, 2.0

This is the rooster Walker was able to pet last time. He was in a cage now, but they still had a nice chat.
A Visit to the Petting Zoo, 2.0

No comments: