Friday, May 9, 2008

The Boys First Walkathon

Sav-a-life Walkathon

As a family we participated in a walkathon for Sav-a-life, Shelby. This is a wonderful organization that does amazing work to save babies and disciple women and families in crisis. We are so grateful to have been able to take part in their mission. Thank you to all of you who pledged your support as well. This walkathon raised over $65,000 and is responsible for a large portion of their yearly budget.

My mother felt very passionate about this cause and I can remember marching with her downtown as a child. Here we are twenty something years later and I am walking with my children now, for the same cause. I wish it wasn't so. This whole experience has reminded me to take time in prayer for these women and their children.

Our life group from church all participated and had a good time as well. It was great to hear some testimonials of women who had been changed and see their children, while meeting others who support the work of this organization. We even ran into one of my college friends and her family.

The Stroller Dads
Notice the dads did the stroller pushing. :)

No comments: