Monday, May 26, 2008

First Things, First. Let's Meet Mickey!

Chef Mickey's

We arrived on Friday and got settled. Saturday morning we scheduled a character breakfast. This is where you eat and are assured to see a set group of characters. We had been talking to Walker about going to see Mickey, but he couldn't really grasp how that was going to be different than the Mickey he slept with every night, until this very exciting, and kind of surprising experience.

Goofy was the first to come by.
Goofy and Walker

Then Mickey. I was manning the camera and couldn't quite figure out how to get the boys to look at me and not the character. I also have a bad habit of focusing on the wrong thing (like a cup on the table), so the pictures aren't as great as they could have been.
Mickey and Walker

Jason, Mickey and Eli

Donald followed Mickey, and seemed a little frustrated by the fact that he couldn't get the boys to look at the camera.
Donald and Walker

Jason, Donald and Eli

Then Minnie...the perfect character. She was hands down everyone's favorite. She really spent time with the boys. She was hugging and kissing and got Eli to play with her nose, and then she made it happen. The only picture I have of a character and my child looking at me.
Minnie and Eli

Jason, Minnie and Eli

Meeting Minnie

Walker, Minnie and Jason

Minnie...

Pluto rounded out the crowd. He was all silly with the boys, so of course that went over well.
Pluto and Walker

Pluto and Eli

The breakfast went beautifully and both the boys loved the characters and did great interacting with them, and for those of you wondering, I did great to. Goofy is the only one who really sounded the alarm bells inside, but I managed to push through and enjoy being there with my boys.

2 comments:

BlessedMom said...

This is so great!! I'll have to keep these pictures away from my boys...they'll be so jealous!

I'm so glad you guys had a good time; you're so much braver than we are.

Congrats to Jason for another completed race!

Allyson said...

glad you survived the breakfast! I can't wait to hear all stories accompanied by some pictures- even with no one looking at the camera :)