Friday, January 16, 2009

Any Old Thursday...

Between the rain last week and the cold this week the boys and I have been spending a lot of time in the house.

Thursday morning did not start well. The boys were going a bit stir crazy and I was not feeling very patient. I knew they needed something different from the everyday to do.

A while ago a friend had posted on her blog, Blessed with Boys, about using baby food as finger paints. I didn't have any baby food, but we did have instant pudding. So, I whipped some up and got the boys ready to play.

IMG_9607.JPG

IMG_9610.JPG

IMG_9614.JPG

The boys behaved as I would have predicted. Eli was covered and ate as much as he played with. Walker had a good time, but asked me to wipe his hands about 10 times and he didn't get pudding anywhere but his hands.

A few tips for anyone else who wants to do this... 1. Sprinkles are the bomb. They start to melt in the pudding and make really cool colors. 2. Soy milk never really makes pudding. That is okay for paint, but not for eating. It just never sets up.

After the pudding paint, of course the boys went straight to the bathtub.
IMG_9621.JPG

We had gotten some of the Kandoo soap and shampoo for Christmas that is green, so we continued the body painting in the bathtub. It is the only time Walker has ever willingly done the actual washing part of the bath time.

After the bath I instituted Pajama Day. The boys then decided that their sunglasses would be the perfect compliment to their pajamas.

IMG_9625.JPG

IMG_9626.JPG

IMG_9627.JPG

After a lunch of turkey and cheese sandwiches we settled in to watch Wall-E. The boys love that movie. Eli is so cute, he won't let you say Wall-E without saying Eve and he was so excited to be wearing his robot pajamas while watching the movie with robots. :)

It turned out to be one of the best days we have all had together. I am so grateful for the unexpected blessings God gives me everyday.

6 comments:

Allyson said...

Very cute!
The girls apparently painted at mdo this week. ( how I do not know ). But hannah may be like walker! Leah came home with blue paint under every fingernail. Hannah? Just one. Her pointer. Shes very dainty. I know she just swirled it with that one finger while leah dug right in. :)your story reminded me to tell u that. This summer we will institute pudding painting day (outside) for all kids!

Kristine said...

Fun day! I'm chuckling to see Moe's cups in your bathtub, too. There's a whole stack in ours :) And our kids love Wall-E, too!

Sara said...

such a cute idea! I can't wait until Isaac gets old enough to try some of those things. My gut says he is going to have no problem getting dirty. Especially since he is like his daddy in every other respect. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! It's funny how my boys are similar to yours...Zack doesn't care about getting dirty. Nicholas would also ask 10+ times for a napkin.

Anonymous said...

Very fun!!! Looks like your a fun mommy to have! :) I'll have to try this w/ my youngest (Although my 6 yr old would enjoy!) Shaving cream is fun too!

In case you don't know, I'm @naturalmommy on twitter!

Nice blog!

BlessedMom said...

The pudding sounds much yummier than the baby food...I would've even enjoyed painting with that!! Yummmm!!!!

If you get cabin fever, give me a call. We can lock these boys in a room with some trucks and let them wear each other out!