Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 27th, 2001

Eight years, three children, two dogs, five moves, three churches, one college degree, one Ironman completion, one Caribbean cruise, several Disney trips, eight jobs, one new company, many traumas and countless successes; these years have been an beautiful start to our marriage.

I am honored to have in a husband a man who loves Jesus, loves me and loves our children. I am so thankful to be a part of this mysterious, spiritual union with my Jason.

Our wedding day was wonderful. Truly one of the most pure holy days I have ever been a part of. The world disappeared and it was only about God, Jason and myself.

The weather was perfect, even in January, much like today. Sunshine and almost 70.

We had a blast and then quickly whisked ourselves away to San Fransisco followed by Park City. It was so much fun trying out this "marriage" thing together. It is neat to think about how much as changed and how much has stayed exactly the same.







**Everything was perfect that day. My only regret came months later, upon receiving my wedding pictures. These are some of the best, and well you can see the quality. Maybe for our 10th we can get all dressed up and take some do-overs. :)

10 comments:

momx2 said...

Awhhhhhhhhh Happy Anniversary !

Jenny G said...

Awwww, I got goosebumps reading this!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Holly Browder said...

Happy Anniversary! The years seem to fly by! Each year just gets better!

Richard and Christy Pearce said...

Happy anniversary! I am glad that I got to be a part of that day and am glad that we have reconnected! Congrats on 8 wonderful years (it sounds like). You guys are still cute together!

DisneyGran said...

It was indeed a special day and on that day God also blessed Mom and I with a beautiful and loving daughter who still wants us around. We pray God will bless your marriage even more and use it as an example for others. You both make us so proud and we love you both dearly. Happy Anniversary!

The Keoughs said...

Awww. Happy Anniversary. Why isn't your face in any of the pictures?

Hannah said...

Happy Anniversary! I don't think I have ever seen Jason with hair. :P You looked beautiful. Congratulations!

Matt said...

And two nieces! Don't forget them :). Seriously, Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! But I agree with Lara...where's your face!? Happy Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, a few days late. What a great life!