Monday, March 24, 2008

"Baby Eli" is One!

Eli sleeping

Eli's First Birthday's Party

It is hard to imagine that it is possible, but Eli turned one on Easter Sunday. It is one of those things where I can hardly believe he was ever a tiny little baby, but at the same time this year has zoomed by so fast I can't believe he isn't a baby at all anymore.

At one he is my little snuggle bunny who loves to be held and gives hugs freely. He has an amazing smile that goes from ear to ear and he shares it with most everyone. He has quite a preference for mommy and needs to know where I am at all times, that is unless Walker is doing something far more interesting. He loves to play with blocks and anything else that can be stacked or nested into each other, and there was no getting out of playing with trucks around here. He has also become interested in books and will actually stay in my lap for a whole book (a short one).

He is walking well, even in his shoes. He has a few words (dada, mama, ba da (bath tub)). He knows far more words but prefers to grunt and point until someone else says the right word. He is still pretty attached to his pacifier. He sleeps all night and takes one super nap a day. He is wearing mostly 18 month size clothing, and I can tell that his fast growth pattern is slowing down, so I think we will make it through summer in this size.

This year has been rough on the little guy. In the very beginning he struggled with colic and getting enough sleep. Once that had passed, he has had to fight ear infections and breathing problems from asthma. Through all of that he has never failed to learn, grow and thrive. I cannot wait to see what year two holds for this little guy and I am so thankful that I am able to be a part of it!

3 comments:

Michelle and Jason said...

Sweet, sweet Eli! Happy Birthday, big guy! I can't believe you're already ONE. I hope this year brings you much joy, love, and most of all, HEALTH!

Sara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI!! I'm so glad it was a good one. :)

Allyson said...

It has been some year, huh! I can hardly remember him being a little baby anymore (which is sad). Does that mean you should have another? Haha. Had fun at his birthday party! Hopefully this year your little snuggle bug will be healthier!