Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dancin' Mommy

I took Walker to get a much needed haircut on Saturday. There was a little bit of a wait, and of course Walker did his usual entertain the crowd routine. He was very patient. After a while, a train came by, and I picked him up so he could get a better view out of the window.

While we were standing there the song "Say" came on the radio. Now I have found that listening to John Mayer (the artist of the song), Jack Johnson, and the like help to keep a calm mood around here (a good let down after the children's songs get them all hyped up). So many days I have this music going while we are playing. Now, in a secret known only to the boys and me up to this point, we do quite a bit of dancing around here. I give the boys turns, and they are always eager to be picked up and turned around by their momma. Well, when this song came on the radio in the hair salon, Walker asked for a dance, "Dancin Mommy, Dancin." I was all I could do not to start crying right there, but I saved that for the ride home. But you better believe, right there watching the train we took some time and swayed together.

My, a little less than sentimental self, used to think the mother/son dance at weddings always seemed forced and uncomfortable. Now I know what I will be thinking of, no matter what Walker is thinking of and it will be cherished.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so sweet, make sure that goes in his baby book. It was great seeing you today.

BlessedMom said...

Geez girl...I thought I was going to make it through this week without crying. You've ruined it for me. This was beautiful!

Allyson said...

What a wonderful moment! I almost started crying when I read it!!! Haha... I just cant believe what a little man he is. What is it about boys and their mommas? (or girls with their daddys.... Im in trouble) :) And I am glad walker likes his laundry basket!