Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Petting Zoo








Last Thursday the boys and I headed to a local petting zoo. This was our first trip out with our Moms Club since Eli's house arrest, so I'm pretty sure I was more excited than the kids. I didn't expect Walker to be scared of the animals, but I wasn't exactly sure how he would react to all these farm animals coming right up to him. Soon after we arrived, I realized my camera battery was dead, so thanks to my friend Jenny for the pictures.

When we walked up to the gate a pony came right up to to us. Walker says, "its a horse." I say, "your right it looks like a little horse, but it's a pony." Then he had the most adorable conversation with the pony while he petted it that led with: "Hello Pony, how are you doing today?"

Some of my favorite other quotes of the day:
  • The donkey looks sad, he go nigh, nigh
  • The mooster (rooster, he knows the right word, but thought that was much funnier) goes cock a do
  • He eat de cern (the corn) on the ground
  • No touch the poop
  • The ducks are all done taken a bath (after they flew away from the pond)
Walker had a blast running from one end of the farm to the other. It was the perfect setting for my independent child to run free.

Eli stayed in the stroller. I still can't trust him to stay upright and crawling in animal pellets is not allowed. Unfortunately the only picture my wonderful photographer friend took of Eli was after I had parked him behind a donkey. Poor kid, it's tough being the second child.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Ok that whole post is hilarious. I liked the "No touch the poop"... I can see you saying that! HA HA - And I especially love poor Eli behind the donkeys butt. Nice.

Jenny G said...

Thanks for the shout out! Next time, I will try to get more pics of Eli, this one was just too good to pass up!