Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day - Belated



Last week Eli and I made it to an early St. Patrick's Day party at Jenny's house. It was my first outing since Eli's surgery, but I didn't count it as official, since Walker wasn't with us. The weather was beautiful and the kids had fun running around and eating green themed snacks, and maybe the moms enjoyed some chat time as well.

(Note the bare feet)

It was at this event I realized exactly how opposed Eli is to walking in shoes. He will not move with shoes on, in fact, he would rather not even stand. He immediately sits down and examines these strange contraptions on his little feet. I guess this is what happens when you learn to walk during a time that you are not allowed to go to public places. I hope he figures it out soon or it could make for an interesting summer.

Grandma and Grandpa Hermie

In other exciting St. Patrick's Day news my grandparents called me yesterday, which is their anniversary, to let us know that they have a contract on their house in Atlanta and are planning the big move to Birmingham!!! We have been praying about this for quite a while now and I am so excited for them to be close to us. They have been such an important part of my life and I look forward to all the wonderful times they will have with my boys! They have always been willing to do whatever it takes to be a part of our lives, and this is another shining example.

1 comment:

BlessedMom said...

How exciting about your grandparents!!! I'd give anything to have any of my family closer to me. What a treat this is going to be for your boys.